|Welcome, and thank you for your interest in my campaign!
I'm very proud to announce my candidacy for the Granite City Board of
Education. I am a senior at Saint Louis University, and I look forward to
graduating in May with a dual Bachelor’s degree; I also plan on attending law
school next fall.
Why I am Qualified:
• I graduated from Granite City Senior High School with high honors in 2009
as a member of the National Honor Society and the Renaissance Steering
• I serve on the committee that operates and organizes the annual Greater
Belleville Area Youth Leadership Salute; I am also privileged to be a
Program Coordinator for the Gateway East Young Achievers Program.
• I continue to be involved in the Granite City community as an elected
Precinct Committeeman as well as an actor in Summerstage and GCHS
Theater Productions (Rooster in Annie, Junior Babcock in Mame, Prince
Charming in Snow White, and Bob Cratchett in A Christmas Carol).
• I am proud to work for the United States Coast Guard in downtown St. Louis.
• Between being involved in local politics, being a full-time student, and
working a part-time federal job, I have remained involved in activities
throughout the Granite City School District, in-part because of my younger
sister who attends Grigsby Middle School.
• If given the opportunity to serve on the School Board, I will bring positive
energy in making decisions for the betterment of our youth’s education,
which will have a lasting effect on the community.
• I want to spend money responsibly on programs and activities that
enhance education; if No Child Left Behind (NCLB) dictates that our schools
must meet a certain standard, then we must do everything in our power as a
district to earn the funding that we deserve.
• Employ the top-notch teachers, staff, and administrators based on merit.
• Integrate the newest technology into our schools for a modern education
without raising taxes, laying-off workers, or borrowing more money; this
includes implementing new and updated safety and security measures.
• Allow the public to have a say in the district and create levels of
transparency so that the main focus of all decision-making is about the
Please contact me if you have questions or concerns.
My email is email@example.com